Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to find out who locked a hyperfile record?

Posted by Albert Buitenhuis 
Albert Buitenhuis
How to find out who locked a hyperfile record?
April 24, 2009 11:16PM
Hi,

We often get the question whether it is possible to mention who locked the record of a hyperfile. For instance, someone in the organisation (>100 simultaneous users) changes an article record, gets a phone call and leaves the office for lunch without saving/ unlocking the record; leaving other users not being able to change the record, but also not telling who the heck has to be blamed for that.

I know the Windows tools to investigate who's got the lock on the file. But I do not know how Windev can investigate that. In stead of popping up a "I'm sorry, the record is locked by another user" I would rather tell "I'm sorry, Günther did it!" :-)

Does anybody know API code/ Windev code to get such information? That would be very nice....!

===> I know everything 'bout optimistic and pessimistic locking, that's not the issue here. I hope that is clear...

Have a good weekend!

Albert

Albert,

isn't HInfoLock() the one you need?

Arie
Art Bonds
Re: How to find out who locked a hyperfile record?
April 28, 2009 08:41AM
Albert, don't know of an automatic way of doing it, but if you want to use the idea I presented to Jenny regarding writing to a control file for each record, and add the users name that "locked" the record, that may work.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.