Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

internal reports

Posted by gary 
gary
internal reports
April 14, 2008 06:49PM
some advice please about internal reports. To create a report that prints out all the records in a file is simple, I just use iInitquery without any parameters. However, when I place an internal report ( from a query) into the main report, I have to pass a parameter to the query. Again using the iInitquery function,this time in the pre-print section of the report block code- however- it won't work. The internal report is based on a different file to that used in the main report, the 2 files are linked, yet passing the key of the main file as a parameter to the internal report doesnt work. I am getting confused, has anyone any simple advice?
thanks
Marc De Swert
Re: internal reports
April 15, 2008 08:16AM
Hi Gary,

Maybe do the next:

make an global variable and put there the key in before opening the internal rpt.
when opening the internal rpt you have there to run the initqry with as parameter the glob var.
Piet van Zanten
April 15, 2008 03:49PM
Hi Gary,

Just to be sure: did you include a selection based on a parameter in the query of the internal report?

Best regards,
Piet
gary
April 17, 2008 05:30PM
problem solved. I put a control on the report ( item_item1) to hold the documentID from my main file. I then used this in the query of the internal report as a parameter (review.documentID is equal to item_item1) so that it selected all my review records that related to the particular document. easy really!
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.