Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

List Box Vert. Scroll bar always shows

Posted by Joel 
Joel
List Box Vert. Scroll bar always shows
April 22, 2009 05:58PM
I have several list boxes, quite longer than the number of rows in it, but the scroll bar always shows, - it's grayed out, but still taking up space. The help files show a list box without a scroll bar at all, and says one won't show up unless there are too many elements to fit, but I can't seem to get rid of it - ideas?

Thanks

J
DerekT
Re: List Box Vert. Scroll bar always shows
April 22, 2009 09:45PM
Joel

In the detail tab of the Listbox description check that the scrollbar(s) are set to automatic.
If so the scrollbar will only show when there are more lines than can be displayed.

Regards

DerekT
Joel
April 22, 2009 11:58PM
Thanks Derek, but...

Well, that's exactly what I thought, but there is no control setting for scrollbars at all! I'm very confused....

J
DerekT
April 23, 2009 11:45PM
Joel
Have I misunderstood?

This is what I get in WD

Are you talking about WebDev?
I do not use it myself but I had a quick look and could not find a similar option.
Perhaps in WB you cannot have the control.
Need a WB guru to provide the answer

Regards

Joel
April 24, 2009 04:02AM
Ah, now I understand why I don't understand - yes, I am using WebDev - I keep forgetting to mention that when I put a question out there - unfortunately, WebDev doesn't seen have the same options as WinDev - strange, b/c the help files say it's possible, but I find the help files not that much help every now and then.

Thanks Derek!

Peace
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.