Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Passing a parameter to an embedded query

Posted by Michael 
Michael
Passing a parameter to an embedded query
April 21, 2009 05:01AM
Hi:
I have a table with an embedded query, which uses a parameter. I would need to pass the value for this parameter from another table (a field from this table).
The problem is I don't have a way to access the embedded query from the second table...
I mean, I tried tu use HExecuteQuery but it doesn't recognize the embedded query,

Thanks;
Michael
DerekT
Re: Passing a parameter to an embedded query
April 21, 2009 10:20AM
Michael
This seems to be the major issue with these queries - work where they are but invisible to evrything else.
It can be done but passing params to an embedded query requires a special type of (undocumented) syntax.

I did receive this from PCS free support but unfortunately cannot find it at the moment.

It will be somewhere in the old forum archive but I would suggest you contact the technical support people.

HTH

DerekT
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: Passing a parameter to an embedded query
April 21, 2009 02:16PM
Hi Michael...

I would suggest that you UNembedd the query in question... It will
become much more manageable, and as your table can still be linked to
the query in question, you will not loose any functionality

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Michael wrote:
> Hi:
> I have a table with an embedded query, which uses a parameter. I would need to pass the value for this parameter from another table (a field from this table).
> The problem is I don't have a way to access the embedded query from the second table...
> I mean, I tried tu use HExecuteQuery but it doesn't recognize the embedded query,
>
> Thanks;
> Michael
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.