Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Analysis and datafile don't match

Posted by John Marrone 
John Marrone
Analysis and datafile don't match
April 20, 2009 02:41PM
Hi All

I added 10 new fields to a table. The analysis regenerated the file supposedly. When I open up wdmap and select the table I get an error saying the table on disk and the table definition in the analysis do not match. That the record size in the analysis is 481 bytes and the record size of the actual file is 441 bytes. I have had the analysis regenerate 4 or 5 times and it will not correct the file. I have deleted the file from my disk and then start the program up so it will since the table is missing and rebuild it. That doesn't work. I can not get this table to sync up with the analysis. I don't know what else to do.
Erik Schwarz
Re: Analysis and datafile don't match
April 20, 2009 03:04PM
Hi Marrone.

what if taking the second last analysis and adding the fields again, in case an error occured while adding?

erik
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
April 20, 2009 03:37PM
Hi John..

Most of the time when this happens, it's because you have several sets
of files, and one of them is not 'registred' (ie written in the .rep
file, used by the analysis to know what to modify)...

In that case, go in the analysis, file menu, and choose update file
strcuture... In the wizard, you will be able to ADD files to the ones
that the analysis already know... Point to the file in error and
everything should be fine afterwards

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

John Marrone wrote:
> Hi All
> I added 10 new fields to a table. The analysis regenerated the file supposedly. When I open up wdmap and select the table I get an error saying the table on disk and the table definition in the analysis do not match. That the record size in the analysis is 481 bytes and the record size of the actual file is 441 bytes. I have had the analysis regenerate 4 or 5 times and it will not correct the file. I have deleted the file from my disk and then start the program up so it will since the table is missing and rebuild it. That doesn't work. I can not get this table to sync up with the analysis. I don't know what else to do.
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
John Marrone
April 20, 2009 05:09PM
Thanks Eric had already tried that too.
John Marrone
Re: Re: Analysis and datafile don't match
April 20, 2009 05:12PM
Hi Fabrice

Did what you said which I had already tried, but this time it worked. But I thank you. I still wish I knew why this happen so if it happens again I'll be ready or not do what I did to confuse WD. Thanks again.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.