Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD12 Help - can not load file ??????.xml

Posted by John Marrone 
John Marrone
WD12 Help - can not load file ??????.xml
April 17, 2009 01:32PM
Hi All
I just installed WD12 and went to use help. When I select a help item and WD goes to load the help page I get an windows error window wanting me to select a program to use to load the file. The fill name is ????_????.xml. So it doesn't know an xml file. Has anyone else had this problem. It happens on my development machine and I do have a lot of development tools installed on my machine. The help window will open and the index list displays the first list of items. Then you select an item and when WD help goes to load the help page is when I get the error. WD11 does not do this. Can someone help hopefully.

John Marrone
Re: WD12 Help - can not load file ??????.xml
April 17, 2009 01:36PM
I take that back WD11 does do it also. What has happen. Has anybody had this problem and solved it. Please help if you can. Thanks
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
April 17, 2009 02:18PM
Hi John...

I'm not sure your problem is the same, but there was a problem with the
microsoft xml engine... So please try this:

[www.microsoft.com]

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

John Marrone wrote:
> Hi All
> I just installed WD12 and went to use help. When I select a help item and WD goes to load the help page I get an windows error window wanting me to select a program to use to load the file. The fill name is ????_????.xml. So it doesn't know an xml file. Has anyone else had this problem. It happens on my development machine and I do have a lot of development tools installed on my machine. The help window will open and the index list displays the first list of items. Then you select an item and when WD help goes to load the help page is when I get the error. WD11 does not do this. Can someone help hopefully.
>
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
John Marrone
April 17, 2009 02:37PM
Fabrice you are my hero, I'd buy you a drink or lunch if I could. I never would of thought of that. Thanks so much. Do you know anything about this Hfilter not working in WD12 that use to work in WD11. Just asking. Thanks again.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.