Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Expanding the WD email app

Posted by Ola 
Ola
Expanding the WD email app
April 15, 2009 07:54PM
Hi all!

Environment: WD11 and HF files. Upgrading soon to WD12.

I am expanding the WD sample email application. It now has the one (the original) fixed table on the right to show all unhandled emails. On the left I have added a treeview control for managing the archiving of the handled emails. The treeview consists of "groups" (main email category) and under them "folders" (sub-category) where the emails will be dragged to from the fixed table.

Right clicking the root opensisters a tablewindow to display all handled emails, regardless of group or folder. Right clicking a group node opensisters a a copy of the same tablewindow to display all the emails having the same group id. Right clicking a folder leaf also opensisters a copy of the same tablewindow, now showing all the emails having that folder id. - or that's the way I want them to work.

The fixed table and all the tablewindows show the records of the same file, and there can be several (unlimited number) tablewindows open at the same time (to drag and drop emails between them).

Problem 1:
The filtering problem: multiple concurrent filters. How should I manage them? Is it possible to use multiple Hfilters at the same time, or should I use queries, or views, or what?

Problem 2?
Drag and drop. Not yet there, as a I have not yet even tried to do any drag and drop coding. But that will be the next stage, and may be it should be taken into consideration already in connection with the solution to problem no. 1?

As always, any suggestions/explanations/samplecode on building the tables will be appreciated.

Ola Pedersen
[www.pienoismalli.com]
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.