Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Can't open project - crashes

Posted by Joel 
Joel
Can't open project - crashes
April 02, 2009 07:14PM
I was working on creating a looper, just putting a field in the looper and the system crashed - "System stopped working". Now, every time I try to open that project the system crashes. I have no opportunity to try to repair the project or anything. - Help!
Milton
Re: Can't open project - crashes
April 02, 2009 08:55PM
Joel,

Have you tried deleting your .cpl folder before attempting to reopen the project?

Milton
Joel
April 02, 2009 09:07PM
That did it - Thank you!

What is the cpl folder?
Milton
April 03, 2009 12:41AM
Joel,

As far as I am aware the .cpl folder automatically keeps a backup copy of your project and, if there is a problem, tries to restore from here. By deleting the .cpl folder you force Windev to rebuild the project, hopefully minus any errors.

Milton
Piet van Zanten
April 03, 2009 09:27AM
Hi Milton,

I am guessing here, but I think the .cpl directory contains a compiled version of your project. On testmode it probably runs from this directory. Indeed my experience is that most problems occur when the project and the compiled version are out of sync. If you simply delete the .cpl directory it gets rebuilt on a new compilation.

Regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.