Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Java applet - printing issue

Posted by Norman Bailey 
Norman Bailey
Java applet - printing issue
April 01, 2009 01:46PM
I want to create a Java applet in Windev 12 to do a very simple print job on a dot matrix printer. The applet is running in Internet Explorer 7. The papersize is 209mm wide by 148mm deep, so effectively an A4 page folded in half.

I have created a custom papersize and set the printer to this. I have removed all other available paper sizes.

If I run this code in Windev mode it runs fine and feeds to the correct point on the next piece of paper -

iprint("XXXXX")
iendprinting()

If I run this in a Java applet created from the same code it prints and then winds the paper up an extra sheet, so effectively I get a blank piece of paper.

I have tried this on an IBM 2890+ dot matrix and an Epson LQ-2080 dot matrix under Vista and XP SP2 and the effect is always the same. Running the code in Windev is fine in all permutations of printers and operating systems, but as a Java applet it always gives me an extra blank page in all combinations. It is almost as though it is disregarding the papersize and printing A4 anyway.

I have tried the applet in IE7 and Mozilla Firefox with the same result.

I have sent this to PC Soft Technical Support and they say that they cannot replicate the effect.

Any ideas? :rolleyes:

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.