Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Software Installation

Posted by Hans60 
Hans60
Software Installation
March 29, 2009 02:37PM
when creating a setup procedure using only one language ,english, the installer appears only in french!... Am I doing something wrong or is that what one gets and/ or do I need to buy extra software. I thought all was included in the package.... in english...?

Jeff Graham
Re: Software Installation
March 30, 2009 03:51PM
Hi Hans,

We had this problem in Version 10. During the options for setup creation, a language box shows that has French selected by default as well as your project language. If you uncheck the French, that should solve the problem.

Jeff
Hans60
March 30, 2009 04:34PM
Hi Jeff,
I tried to find the location all project info and Analisys info only shows english and french is not selected and still the MSI installer comes up in french.

Beside project description and analisys are ther other places I need to check?

THanks
Hans
Jeff Graham
March 30, 2009 06:39PM
Hi Hans,

You are correct. I can't find the same option in WinDev Mobil setup creation that we see in WinDev. I have looked and can't find where the installer language is specified. Maybe someone else or the technical support hot line can help.

Cheers,
Jeff
Hans60
March 30, 2009 06:44PM
ok I will ckeck with them...
Thanks anyway!
Hans60
April 01, 2009 06:31PM
That is their Answer provided by PC Soft. I have not yet tried it yet.

It looks like the MSI generated is based in the french model, not the english model. Here is a workaround I've tried with success.

Make a backup of \Programs\Data\WP_Base_FR.msi
Copy \Programs\Data\WP_Base_US.msi with \Programs\Data\WP_Base_FR.msi

Only french and english versions are provided. However i t is possible to translate MSI file using the Orca utility from Microsoft.

[support.microsoft.com]
Please use the following reference if you contact me on the same subject #48 612/362016.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.