WD 11 - Capture a Handwriting signature

Posted by Alvaro Boldo 
Alvaro Boldo
WD 11 - Capture a Handwriting signature
April 11, 2008 12:17AM
Hi, I need some tips on how to do the following

- Capture a signature of a client
- Embebe a signature in a report
- Export a two page report with information of my client, some horizontal and vertical lines to give a design to the layout of the form, and embebed the captured signature in a determinated area of the same report.

I know it is possible, i was just playing with the next code to try the capture of the signature, but in the image appears a lot of dots, not a continue line:

event ----Mouse Rollover of Image1

Res is int = CursorPos(cpClient)
IF Res <> -1 THEN
dPoint(LoWord(Res)-10, HiWord(Res)-30, iBlack)
END

Could you please give some tips on how to get the handwriting signature?

Thank's a lot

Alvaro
Piet van Zanten
Re: WD 11 - Capture a Handwriting signature
April 11, 2008 10:14AM
Hi Alvaro,

I would be very impressed if anybody could write an acceptable signature using the mouse. Better use a scanner.

Best regards,
Piet
Alvaro Boldo
April 12, 2008 08:24AM
Hi Piet, you are right about about using the mouse for signature, but I didn't mean that. I do have this gadget

[www.pugh.co.uk]

and I want to use windev to develop an application that will be used by this kind of hardware.

- Note taking
- Signature

and also as a mouse for some points and clicks.

The first idea that came to my mind was to use a command for mouse, but any other idea or command to do this kind of handwriting/gestures/signatures capture will be appreciated.

Thank's

Alvaro
Carlo Hermus
April 13, 2008 10:57PM
WD12?
Alvaro Boldo
April 16, 2008 04:56AM
Hi Carlo,

I do have WD 11 (as the subject of this thread). I'm still waiting for english WD12 although I do have the right to upgrade. Is there a solution out of the box with WD 12 ?

Do you have any suggestion?

Thank's

Alvaro

Carlo Hermus
April 16, 2008 05:20PM
Alvaro,

What I meant was, wasn't it in the new featurelist of WD12?

Regards,
Carlo
Alvaro Boldo
April 16, 2008 05:47PM
Hi Carlo, I believe that WD12 offer Forms or Images based on PDF, so you could design a better background or even best, a PDF to capture data. It will be great but now what I'm looking for is a solution to capture a signature "with a device like Bamboo" used as a pen or as a mouse.

As you say, maybe in WD12 it is possible.

Thank's.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.