Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Converting from 5.5 to Windev 9

Posted by Parianos Henri 
Parianos Henri
Converting from 5.5 to Windev 9
April 10, 2008 11:18PM
Hi,

After a lot of work we are able now to say lets convert to hyperfile 9 (environment)
Using the wdconver and try to add the directory (133 files) it only finds +/- 10 files.
I try also the manual way no big differences.
I remove all kind of rep files the same result
It works only if add each file individualy and tha takes a lot of Time.
Is there a better way to do the same job but faster?

Regds
Parianos Henri
Al
Re: Converting from 5.5 to Windev 9
April 10, 2008 11:43PM
Gday Henri

I always thought that you had to go to 7.5 and then from there go to the later versions and for the first few versions after 5.5 PCSoft included a lite version of 7.5 to do that.
Anyway, even now it might be a good idea to convert to 7.5 first as it was the next version after 5.5 so it was designed to handle the conversion.

Regards
Al
parianos henri
April 11, 2008 01:05AM
Hi,

Thanks but your are right first you have to pas to version 7.5 and then to version 9
But at the begin and for compatibility reasons and to be sure that any bugs are to programming and not to data incompatibilitys we had run the project in version5 (data file) compatibility mode. But now is the moment to go and convert all data to version 9 (or 7) but the result is almost al the same not all files are detected automaticaly????

Regds
Henri Parianos

Leo Voet
April 11, 2008 01:32PM
You have to rebuild the .Rep file.

First be shure it is active :
HSetREP(True [, Path of .REP [, Name of .REP File]])
HopenIfNotExists(*)
If you handle different paths (for different companies,...) repeat this for all existing paths.

after doing so, all possible instances of the files should be automaticly been put into the .REP file.

Leo.
parianos henri
April 12, 2008 10:00PM
Hi,

The Rep file is build up each time you create a new file not when you open the file.
There is a work around create the wdv file (description) manualy and that works fine.
This is just a tip! Perhaps there are ther solutions but for the time been the only I found working.

Regds
Parianos

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.