Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ODBC HF HF C/S function ?

Posted by horrendus 
horrendus
ODBC HF HF C/S function ?
March 26, 2009 12:53PM
Hi,
I have been doing some test with HF ODBC because of some problems that I've been suffering.
First, I created some data sources for Firebird, Tps (Clarion's native files), HF and HF C/S.
Then I tried to access to those datasources using Access 2003, Visual DBase 7.5 and WinSql, with the following results:

Access To Firebird: it's possible to add, change and delete data without any problem.

VDbase To Firebird: same results, no problems.

Access To TPS: it's possible to add, modify and delete data. No problems.

VDbase To TPS: same results, no problems.

Access To HF: tables aren't always showed. Not always it's possible to modify a table and sometimes you get a message of Record Blocked.

VDbase To HF: sometimes it's possible to open the tables, fields are visible but it was impossible to browse any table. VDbase shows an error message and closes.

I also tried other tools like SqlDbx, WinSql, etc. with same results: no problems with Firebird and TPS and many errors with HF.

So, here are my questions:
1) is there any known bug in the ODBC controller for Windev/Webdev?
2) is there some kind of limitation in the use of it?
3) what is the possible solution?

I'm working in a conversion program from Clarion to WD so this is very important for me.

Thanks in advance for your answer.
Regards,
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.