Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Updating Global Variables and Equates with SCM

Posted by Justin Freshfield 
Justin Freshfield
Updating Global Variables and Equates with SCM
March 13, 2009 03:23AM
Hi,

Have just started using WinDev with another developer, and we are managing our code updates through SCM (Source Code Manager).

All seems good, except for the fact that we are having a lot of trouble sharing the Main Project file (.WPP). Every time one of us makes a change, the other developer is quite often not receiving the changes, despite the fact that we are getting the latest version of all of the Project elements.

Has anybody else encountered this problem ? If so, what have you done to work around this issue ?

Regards,
Justin
Fabrice Harari.pcs.crosspost
Re: Updating Global Variables and Equates with SCM
March 13, 2009 12:52PM
Hi Justin...

For the global element (project code, ADDING a window to the project
(registered in the project file), etc), you should:

- become master
- do the changes
- become guest
- ask the other developer to become master then guest
- OR -
- tell the other developper to use the gest the master version

The 1rst one is working all the time, the second should work (but I'm
generally sticking to th other one)

And believe me, I'm really sorry I haven't found anything more PRACTICAL

Best regards

--
Fabrice Harari
International WinDev, WebDev and WinDev mobile Consulting

More information on [www.fabriceharari.com]

Justin Freshfield wrote:
> Hi,
> Have just started using WinDev with another developer, and we are managing our code updates through SCM (Source Code Manager).
> All seems good, except for the fact that we are having a lot of trouble sharing the Main Project file (.WPP). Every time one of us makes a change, the other developer is quite often not receiving the changes, despite the fact that we are getting the latest version of all of the Project elements.
> Has anybody else encountered this problem ? If so, what have you done to work around this issue ?
> Regards,
> Justin
>
Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Andres Sanchez
Re: Updating Global Variables and Equates with SCM
March 13, 2009 05:29PM
Justin:

If you have WD 12, there is another option:
Manage the Project checkout automatically

This way, the project is handled as if it were antoher window, you should see the orange banner in the project view.

The only problem I have seen using this option is that the changes made by another programmer not always are being detected as new for you, so WD does not compile them, and when you run this code it seems like if the code is not there, you can tell, when you run a window and the buttons does nothing when clicked.

This is easily fixed by compiling all the project, or compiling just that window, I was told by PcSoft to delete the cpl subdirectory, but compiling does the same effect.

Hope it helps.

Andres Sanchez
Monterrey Mexico
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.