Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to undelete a deleted GlobalProcedure

Posted by Frans 
Frans
How to undelete a deleted GlobalProcedure
April 08, 2008 11:15PM
Hello to you all,

Is there a way to get back a deleted Global Procedure?

Thanks in advance,

Frans
Merijn
Re: How to undelete a deleted GlobalProcedure
April 08, 2008 11:33PM
Frans,

1. SCM
2. ProjectDir\backup
3. Your disk backups

HTH
G'day Frans

If you are not using SCM you should still be able to recover a previous copy from the backup directory.

Regards
Al
hello Al and Merijn,

Thanks for the very fast answer.
Under what name can I find the global procedures in the backup directory?
i only see windows and query's.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Frans
G'day Frans

The global procs will be the same name as the project with the following prefix "Global_procedures_of_..."

There should be 2 of them in the backup directory, one with a "bkp" extension and the other with a "tkp" extension. Check the time stamps for the latest one.

You could just restore the latest of the backups or you can compare them using the comparison option in the file menu. If you are going to compare them you will need to change the extension of one of the backup files to "wdg"

If you are really desperate you will also find some code in the project History directory in the "WDG" directory. Changes to code are kept in normal hyper files so you can just open them up in WDMap and see the code.

Regards
Al
Hello All,

Thank you, found it.
I think you have had something like this also because you use the word "desperate".

Thanks again.

Regards,

Frans
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.