Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebDev Error - The client MySQL library for PHP is not installed?

Posted by JB 
Hi Folks

This is the first time I have had to develop a PHP website in WebDev and I am getting the following error when I run the page in WebDev 12.

"The client MySQL library for PHP is not installed"

I have downloaded and installed the MySQL Native client for PHP and tested the connection I created to MySql database is working in the Analysis.

Any ideas why it's not working?

Thanks

Jonathan
Make sure that your php is configured properly to work with mysql. In the php.ini file there should be a line in the modules section referencing the mysql library. The easy way to determine if it is setup properly, create a file with the following content;

<? phpinfo(); ?>

Put the above statement in a text file with a php extension and make sure that file resides inside your webserver's accessible web space. Then make a call to that script and it will tell you about all kinds of configuration settings for php.

Cheers!
Ken
Thanks for that Ken.

Added the moduule so many times to the php.ini but had a brain freeze this time smiling smiley

Getting this error when it tries to create a table with text memo:

BLOB/TEXT column 'Desc' can't have a default value

Any ideas what I sould do?

Thanks

Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't 'Desc' a reserved word for the MySQL databases (ie used to denote Descending Order)?

Try renaming the column to Descrip or Description and see what happens.

Cheers!
Ken
I had the field as Description before I made it Desc and it also would not work.

Thanks anyway Ken
Finally discovered the reason this was not working.

I had MySQL 5.0.17 installed on my development box. The documentation said up to 5.0.2 but could not find that so installed 4.1.22 as clients hosting also supports it.

All working fine now in 4.1.22 smiling smiley

Jonathan
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.