Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Menu Creation

Posted by George 
George
Menu Creation
March 10, 2009 08:50PM
I would expect creating a Windows menu to be a standard process/template. I am trying to switch from Clarion to WinDev. It is straight forward in Clarion. Does a template (or whatever the correct term is for WinDev) exist?
Al
Re: Menu Creation
March 10, 2009 10:01PM
Hello George

This is one of the few areas Windev may not provide all the features you expect - I speak only up to version 12 as it may have changed in the new v14.

Menus must be predefined, although if you do not need too many you can do some sleight of hand and hide and unhide predefined menus to suit specific needs.

If you are looking at it from a user security perspective then the hide/unhide of menu options can be handled easily by the inbuilt groupware.

The main menu in any window can be added from the window editor.
Windows > Main menu will add a menu bar to the top of the current window

Regards
Al
George
March 10, 2009 10:12PM
Hi Al - I was hoping it was easy....maybe XIV. I found where I could add a main menu, but could not figure out how to attach the menu item to a function. ?? Regards - George
Jimbo
March 10, 2009 10:28PM
Hi George,

in the Window Editor just right-click the menu-option and choose 'Code' - there you can put the Open(..) OpenChild(..) commands. In order to better understand how this could look like, just generate a small test project using Full Application RAD and the RAD pattern 11-compatiple RAD. After that you can open the window MENU in the Winodw Editor and inspect the menu items. Kind regards, Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.