Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Error running CodeJock Calendar example

Posted by Gus 
Gus
Error running CodeJock Calendar example
March 07, 2009 07:53AM
Hi:
I downloaded the CodeJock Calendar example (from Arie) but it didn't work. I realized this example was made for CodeJock v12.1, but I downloaded v13.0
The error says that "Automation object "{F101EB47-BD61-4467-A57A-8D361640BB27}" not installed in your computer".

Should I change the following line:
sXtremeGlobalSettingsCLSID is string = "{F101EB47-BD61-4467-A57A-8D361640BB27}"
which apparently identifies the control?

If so, where I can find the new value to be used?

Thanks;
Gus
Arie
Re: Error running CodeJock Calendar example
March 07, 2009 03:46PM
Gus,
I used Delphi for that in my case. When importing an activex it generates a file containing all clsid.
I also find this utility [wareseeker.com], which seems to do the job.
You can also do a search in the registry on "codejock". All clsid's are stored in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID

Arie
Gus
March 07, 2009 07:08PM
Hello Arie:
Thanks! I changed the CLSID for the CalendarControl and CalendarResourcesManager and it worked perfect. It's very nice!

I was wondering if this CLSID is different for each version but the same for all client's instalation? Otherwise, the code would not work when you install it in the client's machine..
Thanks
Gus
Arie
March 07, 2009 08:33PM
Gus,
so it is. Each version has it's own clsid. It's build into the activex. Just install your program with this particular activex.
Don't forget to register (install) the activex on each client.
I couldn't find an option for that in de WD-setup.
You can use c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.
Or c:\program files\codejock\.....\bin\registrator.exe

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.