Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Restoring Project Backup (Individual files)

Posted by issah 
issah
Restoring Project Backup (Individual files)
February 26, 2009 07:31PM
Hello,

I have a query definition that gone rogue all of a sudden. Looking in the backup folder, I have the BK* version but not the TK* version. How do I recover the query definition. How would I do it if I had the TK* version?

Thanks and regards

issah
Fabrice Harari
Re: Restoring Project Backup (Individual files)
February 26, 2009 11:10PM
Hi...

Bk and tk files are only renamed version of the original file... So to restore them, you just need to (with the project closed of course) rename the one you want to its original extension

Best regards
Jimbo
Re: Restoring Project Backup (Individual files)
February 27, 2009 05:55AM
Hi issah,

one warning however, there's a trap! After the compile run an option is offered to save/backup the project. You will not be able to restore that backup if the analysis was open at backup-time! The (zip)-file is simply unusable.They do not warn you about that fact, neither as a text in the window offering the backup nor in help or somewhere else!

Kind regards,
Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.