Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB12 - Table control and Ajax

Posted by Arie 
Arie
WB12 - Table control and Ajax
February 20, 2009 02:50PM
Hi,
I'm trying to get a table working, as a listbox.
A listbox is filled with items, showing a scrollbar when needed. All items are IN the listbox on the client-side. So the listbox is fast.
Now I'm using a table. In Ajax-mode only records which are visible are read. Whenever the user scroll, new records are read from the server and the table is refreshed. That's how it's meant to be, but the user experiences a rather slow behaviour.

What I want is to fill the table with ALL my record (no Ajax mode i think?) once. Like a listbox. Whenever I do that, I'm getting a very long table without scrollbar, instead of a regular-size tabel WITH scrollbar.

I do want the table because of it's extra features like odd/even coloring, sorting and so on. But fully loaded with data. I'm not sure if this is possible, because of my lack of WEB knowledge.

Arie
KenKnight
Re: WB12 - Table control and Ajax
February 20, 2009 03:20PM
Hi Arie,

Try putting the non-ajax table inside a cell of whatever size you would like. Now go to the description properties of that cell and click the Border & Background tab. In the upper right corner set overflow to "With Scrollbar" and you should be all set.

Cheers!
ken
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.