Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Web Service URL from INI

Posted by Prolay Sarkar 
Prolay Sarkar
Web Service URL from INI
February 19, 2009 09:58AM
Hi,

I am using WinDev WebService and I am importing the URL. The problem is when i import the WebService all the functions get attached with the URL which i have imported. I want the URL to be configurable from an INI so that i can host the WebService in many locations and can use one at a time. Is there any method to call a web service without importing it or something like that.

Regards,
Prolay
DerekT
Re: Web Service URL from INI
February 19, 2009 12:11PM
Prolay

If I understand correctly you have multiple WebServices which are IDENTICAL.

That being the case then you need import only one as it is only the URL that is different.

To call a specific service I would try.......

Declare a string variable - MyURL, populate this from your ini and then use this as SOAPRun(MyURL) in your calling method.
Obviously there would be logic in your program to ensure the correct ini value was read in.

If I misunderstood the problem please let us know.

Regards

DerekT
Prolay Sarkar
Re: Web Service URL from INI
February 19, 2009 12:34PM
Hi,

In the development process a lot of functions emerges in a day. so at the end i have to re import the web services to test the project and then i have to change the default URL again in every function. I can do a global search & replace and can do it but is there any way to shorten the process?

Regards,
Prolay

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.