Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MySQL 5.0 Problem

Posted by Tom Thorward 
Tom Thorward
MySQL 5.0 Problem
April 05, 2008 05:52AM
I recently completed a financial reporting application for a major client (the U.S. Army) using Windev 11 and MySQL 5.0. Part of the process involves updating several large databases using data from external text files. The SQL command "LOAD DATA INFILE 'Data.txt' REPLACE INTO TABLE actualcurrent..." is used to update the MySQL tables.

The process worked fine in MySQL 4.1 running on a Windows 2003 server. It also works fine when using a SUSE Enterprise 10 server and MySQL 5.0. However, the combination of Windev, MySQL 5.0 and Windows 2003, XP, whatever... does not work. The datasets are dropped and recreated as required, but the data fails to load into the file. Strangely, when the SQL "LOAD" command is captured verbatim from the program, and run independently using SQLyog or other utilities, it works flawlessly. Somehow Windev is not allowing the "LOAD" command to work. I am running the query using "hQueryWithoutCorrection" to keep the SQL code intact. I also have the latest MySQL connector and the libmysql.dll from the 5.0 version. I have checked the user rights in the MySQL data directory and they seem OK. The problem occurs on several different machines. What could be the cause of this problem? Unfortunately, the client has one mission critical location where a Linux server is not an option and also they will not revert to MySQL 4.1 for security reasons. Other than that the deployment has gone quite well.

steve erts
Re: MySQL 5.0 Problem
April 06, 2008 04:39AM
Try using the mysql 4.1 libmysql.dll.

I had some problems with Windev and the newer dll. I have been able to run MySQL 5.0 with Windev and the 4.1dll with no problem.
Tom Thorward
April 07, 2008 03:30PM
Thanks Steve, but that doesn't seem to help. I can run MySQL 4.1 with the new libMySQL.dll and it runs fine, but MySQL 5.0 and the old libMySQL.dll doesn't work. I'll continue to work on this problem, but welcome any suggestions.
Tom Thorward
April 10, 2008 04:20PM
Just for the record, MySQL version 5.0.50sp1a-enterprise-gpl-nt inserts the following into the my.ini configuration file for Windows systems:

sql-mode="STRICT_TRANS_TABLES,NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

The problem is the "STRICT_TRANS_TABLES" clause. This caused the transactions to fail in Windev, but not in, for example SQLyog. The solution was to eliminate this clause from the configuration, and then Windev performed as it should.

The "local-infile=1" statement also needs to be added to the my.ini file to enable the "LOCAL" parameter of the "LOAD DATA" SQL command, if data is to be transferred from a Windev client application.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.