Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Looper contain: Internal Window/Control Template

Posted by BLS 
BLS
Looper contain: Internal Window/Control Template
February 16, 2009 03:06PM
Hi and sorry for my ignorance.
(Have not used the Lopper control before)

A Looper control which contains a internal Window seems to be impossible.
Am I wrong ?

Looper control which contains a control template
Is this possible ?

I am a bit confused about the diffrence of a internal window and control template.

The programming-interface seems to be pretty much the same.
So what's the difference.
Further : Can I use a control template to wrap a native Windows control. ( If I recall correctly Peter Hole... has tried to implement a control template in order to use the Win. calendercontrol, not sure, though)

Since we have the control template the super control seems to be a relict and should be called depreciated.
What do you think ?

Reason for all this silly questions is that I want to embedd my Scintilla syntax coloring thingie inside a looper control.

Many TIA, Bjoern

Alexandre Leclerc
Re: Looper contain: Internal Window/Control Template
February 16, 2009 05:36PM
Hi Björn,

In WD14 you can put a model or internal window in a looper. But it will not behave as desired. For example I tried with both the Internal Window you made and the Model Field I made and the behaviour is x time the exact same window. (Since the pointers and events are all the same at the end. It's like a copy-paste of the same control.)

There are also display problems where the editor screen disappear.

But I'm not a professional of looper + internal windows / model fields... and can't give more on your question than my 1 minute test.

Best regards.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.