Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WMobile dos prompt or shell command

Posted by Mitchell 
Mitchell
WMobile dos prompt or shell command
February 15, 2009 09:07AM
how to implement a dos prompt in Wmobile ?
scenario :

I have a button, when I click I want to execute the dos command "copy" , like : "copy invoice.prn COM4:"

I am using Windows Mobile 5.0 ,in my windows mobile 5.0 the command prompt can be open and when i type in the command prompt >copy invoice.prn COM4: , it will copy the file to the COM4, I want to put this command in a button? how to implement this?

Any advise please?

thanks
Merijn van der Wijk
Re: WMobile dos prompt or shell command
February 15, 2009 01:14PM
Mitchell,

Step one (don't know if this is realy needed....never had the need to use them):
Intall 1 out of 3 available tools, PPC Command Shell, PocketCMD or PocketDOS.

Step two:
Write your dos command to a BAT file and theirafter start this BAT file, e.g.:
   fSaveText("\MyFile.bat", "copy invoice.prn COM4:")
   ExeRun("\MyFile.bat")
HTH
Merijn
Mitchell
Re: WMobile dos prompt or shell command
February 15, 2009 03:27PM
thanks Merijin,
My problem has been solved....with the help of Mr. GOOGLE.

I used MortScript and I put the script inside the batch file. and I used shellexecute("test.mscr")

it works!

what is inside of my test.mscr file are only this line "Copy \Program Files\Soma\invoice.prn, COM4:,1"

it works perfectly!

no files or softwares to be installed...just only put MortScript on the registry...

Regards
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.