Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WDSetup : WXF problem

Posted by Joris Wille 
Joris Wille
WDSetup : WXF problem
February 13, 2009 12:47PM
Under WinDev 12 there's a project called WDSetup. This is project which is delivered together with Windev12. As this project is made to control the setup installation of your own application, I would like to use it in a different language than the actual French and English possibilities.

During the execution of this project, the system asks for a WXF file which is not present. I know that a WXF is a temporary file but the system seems to need that file. Is this file forgotten by Windev?

Can someone help me on this?
Thanks in advance.
Fabrice Harari
Re: WDSetup : WXF problem
February 13, 2009 12:59PM
Hi Joris...

If I'm not mistaken, the wxf file is the installer parameters file (the one created in a project when you setup the installation)... It describes what the installer should do and how. If you don't have one in the exe directory when you test, the installer won't know what to do

best regards

Joris Wille
February 13, 2009 01:15PM
Hi Fabrice,

Do you know how we can obtain this WXF file. We can't find it in any directory. We even thought that during compilation we would be able to catch it before this temporary file would be deleted, but no.

Best regards,
Joris.
Fabrice Harari
February 13, 2009 02:40PM
Hi Joris...

once again, it is NOT a temporary file, contrary to what the documention says...

For a windev install it's a wDf file, and for a webdev install, it's a wWf file (hence the wXf named used generically)

To create one, open ANY project, and setup the install... As you choose options, they will be written in the file in question, and you will find the projectName.wDf if it's a windev project or the ProjectName.wWf if it's a webdev project in the project directory

Best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.