Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Doubts about Windev enviroment.

Posted by glpunzi.pcs.crosspost 
glpunzi.pcs.crosspost
Doubts about Windev enviroment.
February 12, 2009 03:45PM
Hi,

In our company, we are evaluating the use of Windev as our main platform to develop. I'm checking Windev Express (We don't know if get Windev or Windev++WebDev).

But I have some questions. I would like to explain, to get some help.

- Now, I'm the only one developer, but I need to develop from my laptop, and my desktop PC, is this covered by PCSOft?. I hope I don't need to purchase 2 developer licences.

- I saw, thath with WebDev, you can generate PHP apps (without WebDev AppServer), for shared hostings. There are many functionality you loose with this approach?

- We need to develop a POS system. I thought to develop based on Web, but, because I can't try WebDev, I would like to know, if the Ajax response is fast, having Apache locally (every time you press on a department, the products pane need to be refreshed, and every product you click, may go to Ticket pane).

All information you gives me, will be appreaciated.

Cheers.
- Is easy, to share data between shops thath needs to sync data with a "central"?

Message forwarded from pcsoft.us.windev
Fabrice Harari
Re: Doubts about Windev enviroment.
February 12, 2009 04:32PM
Hi...

>>In our company, we are evaluating the use of Windev as our main platform to develop. I'm checking Windev Express (We don't know if get Windev or Windev++WebDev).

There is no test version for webdev, so you got only windev

>>- Now, I'm the only one developer, but I need to develop from my laptop, and my desktop PC, is this covered by PCSOft?. I hope I don't need to purchase 2 developer licences.

PCSoft protection schema uses USB dungles (one per product)... So when yo want to develop from a machine, you just plug your dungle in it

>>- I saw, thath with WebDev, you can generate PHP apps (without WebDev AppServer), for shared hostings. There are many functionality you loose with this approach?

Yes... You loose in fact most of what make WebDev so powerful... Except for very small site, I would advise against that approach

>>- We need to develop a POS system. I thought to develop based on Web, but, because I can't try WebDev, I would like to know, if the Ajax response is fast, having Apache locally (every time you press on a department, the products pane need to be refreshed, and every product you click, may go to Ticket pane).

I don't think that using webdev locally is a good approach.. You are loosing functionality (UI development is much simpler in a NON web case) and adding configuration problems (apache, webdev engine if you want the full power of webdev, etc).. If you have a windows machine, use windev instead.

>>- Is easy, to share data between shops thath needs to sync data with a "central"?
There is a built in replication system that can cover easily simple cases. Depending of the details of your app, you may have to code the replication yourself, which can be quite complex.

best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.