Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Grayed Edit controls issue

Posted by Prolay Sarkar 
Prolay Sarkar
Grayed Edit controls issue
February 06, 2009 04:09PM
Hi,

I have some controls which behave differently in different modes like (add / modify / Inquire)
In add mode the controls should be enabled and in Inquire mode it should be disabled. I have some entry/exit functions on them so i have to make them grayed in Inquire mode.
Edit_Edit1..State=Grayed

But grayed control looks too faded so the visibility is not proper. So i tried to make it Read-Only but we can get into the field so the entry/exit events get fired. So i found out a option in the description of edit control to make it read-only with the cursor not going to the field. But i am not getting this option through programming. Any suggestions are deeply appreciated.

Regards,
Prolay
Jan de Bruin
Re: Grayed Edit controls issue
February 06, 2009 04:47PM
Edit_Edit1..state=Inactive ????
Piet van Zanten
Re: Grayed Edit controls issue
February 07, 2009 12:27PM
Hi Prolay,

An annoying feature is that the option "with selection in readonly" is default checked for edit controls. I would call it a bug that the control's entry and exit code is executed for disabled controls if this option is checked. So try unchecking it.

Regards,
Piet
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.