Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Finding the folder of a program in a Pocket pc

Posted by Victoria Caballero 
Victoria Caballero
Finding the folder of a program in a Pocket pc
January 31, 2009 05:54PM
Hi everybody,
I have a little application build in WDmobile which I've installed on a pocket pc and works fine. Now I'm making a little program in WD to be able to connect to the pocket pc to retrieve and copy from there some files to any PC folder. So what I need to know is where (which folder) was installed my mobile program on the pocket pc in order to access to that folder and copy from there the files (hyper files) to the PC by using "ceCopyFile". My question is which command or which technique can I use to do that?. I have not some much experience in working with mobile devices so any help or comments will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Regards!

Victoria

Merijn van der Wijk
Re: Finding the folder of a program in a Pocket pc
January 31, 2009 09:05PM
Victoria,

Don't know a direct approach, however one workaround could be:
Let your WM program write the FolderName to a fixed registry location with RegistrySetValue. And let your WD program read this registry location with ceRegistryQueryValue

HTH
Merijn
Victoria Caballero
Re: Finding the folder of a program in a Pocket pc
January 31, 2009 10:56PM
Hi Merijn,
thanks for your response, I found it reasonable, I guess it could be a good approach.
Thanks again.

Regards!

Victoria
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.