Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pressing then enter key continuously

Posted by Parianos Henri 
Parianos Henri
Pressing then enter key continuously
January 31, 2009 11:22AM
When you have very fast entrys, my application gets crazy. What I mean is when for ex. different users are continuously pressing the enter or tab key to go the next field then it happens that my application don’t react as it has to be.

I try using the event procedures on pressing key and build a multitask there but it didn’t help.
Any other suggestions ?:confused:

christoph
Re: Pressing then enter key continuously
January 31, 2009 01:19PM
Hi Parianos,

check first, if you have a button with type Validate or a button have a shortcut Enter in the window. Then you can use timersys(), but i think it is not a very good solution.

Christoph
Fabrice Harari
January 31, 2009 02:55PM
Hello Henri...

the first thing would probably to tell your users to stop playing around and get to work :-)

Short of that, the answer depends of what the Enter key is supposed to be doing, and of course of the fact that not ONLY the enter key can do something...

The fact that the behavior is abnormal comes I think from the fact that while a code is executing, another code is started by the next key pressed...

So if we start from the fact that the action generated are in buttons, you can probably solve the problem by starting your code in the buttons by graying the whole set of buttons (put them in a group and do that in one line)... This way the current code will be executed till its end before you UNGRAY all the buttons again and they can accept another key

Best regards

Parianos Henri
February 01, 2009 08:50PM
Hi guys

First of all, you have users and users. What I mean you have some times users addicted to msdos fast entry facility and they are very fast by typing.

It happens in all kind of program's lets say a very strate forward program like an invoice.
You have a row and by typing enter or tab you go to the next column on one of this columns I check if the value is zero and if so the the user has to type something.
By using the tab or enter key (fast) you see everything happends but the check is not executed or sometimes yes and some time no.
So there is no logic.
There are no buttons or short cuts so there is nothing else that the enter or tab keys may trigger.

If the user uses the keyboard normal everything works fine but you know how users are acting !!!

I try by using the keyevent and using the multitask(-1) or even multitask(xx) but when the multitask is to high the I find it anoying and not good.

So any othe suggestions :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused: :confused:
Arie
February 02, 2009 10:54AM
Hi,
have a look at dbgEnableLog() in the help.
This is really great for problems like yours. Basicly, if you turn "debug" on, you get a log file of EVERY action a user made. You will see all function-calls (including the values of parameters). You can open this file in WD afterwards and can trace your user, almost if you where debugging live.

It solved all my "every now and then..." problems. Users can turn this option ON in all my programs. I never noticed any performance issues, while turend on....

Arie
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.