Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WB 12 Deploy, not able to upgrade to version 30A120056c

Posted by Andres Sanchez 
Andres Sanchez
WB 12 Deploy, not able to upgrade to version 30A120056c
January 30, 2009 11:37PM
Hi:

I have installed the WebDep 12 in my server, but when I connect to it to deploy a site, it thows me a message that the versions are different.

So I downloaded the new patch, but when I am trying to install it, it gives me the following message:

"WebDep 12 Deployment Version not installed correctly on server."
"Unable to Update"

What do I need to do to get this fix to install correctly?

Thanks

Andres Sanchez

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2009 11:38PM by Andres Sanchez.
Fabrice Harari
Re: WB 12 Deploy, not able to upgrade to version 30A120056c
January 31, 2009 02:50PM
Hello Andres

It looks like the update is looking somewhere (I'm guessing the registry) to check if the engine is installed or not and probably where it is installed... And it's not finding the information (maybe the first install was done without the rights to write in the registry?)...

So either you look on a computer where the install is correct and you copy the registry key (which one? Where?) or you reinstall the full engine with all admin rights, then you install the update

Best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.