Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Multi monitor advice

Posted by Arie 
Arie
Multi monitor advice
January 27, 2009 03:20PM
Hi,
what is the best approach to handle multi-monitor configurations?
My application currently is MDI. Is it better to switch to free windows?
Can I open a window on a specific monitor? Or will vista/xp restore windows automatically on their previous position, when an user drags it to a second monitor?

Before I start testing myself, some hints would be save time, I hope...

Arie
Fabrice Harari
Re: Multi monitor advice
January 27, 2009 08:31PM
Hello Arie...

Several monitor only means that there are more available 'coordinates'.. By example, your main moniteur will be between 0..1023/0..767 and the second will be between 1024..2047/0..767...

So any window able to remember it's position will remain on the second monitor...

Just be aware that:
- depending on the position of the second (or third or fourth...) monitor, some coordinates can be NEGATIVE
- the outside screen position for a window, as defined by windev, is becoming more and more a bad idea, as it only it setting negative coordinates to it and therefore may be in a place where a monitor space is defined...

best regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.