Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

(WB 12 Eng) How to link Image File item with Table Column?

Posted by Jaime Fernandez 
Jaime Fernandez
(WB 12 Eng) How to link Image File item with Table Column?
January 26, 2009 08:52PM
Hi,
The Table stores the image in a Sound,image binary field (sub type Image Binary memo) but the linked table column doesn't display the image, if I link with a looper it's ok, the image it's displayed. Am I missing anything?
Regards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 10:17PM by Friedman.
Hello Friedman

There are some examples of tables with images in the CRM example and in the training examples for tables. There may also be an old stock example on the ftp site
[ftp.pcsoft.fr]

Regards
Al
Jaime Fernandez
Re: (WB 12 Eng) How to link Image File item with Table Column?
January 27, 2009 10:14AM
Hi Al,
I can't find that examples, (CRM or Stock). Could you send me the links?
(WEBDEV 12)
Thank you.
Regards
Hello Friedman

The examples I referred to are Windev items so I am hoping they will apply to Webdev.
Do you have Windev or just Webdev ?

This is a list of all the available examples on the main Windev site
[www.windev.com]

Regards
Al
Jaime Fernandez
January 27, 2009 06:04PM
Hi Al,
I've all products, but I can't find a table with image column, neither in the CRM example nor WD International Stock Market.
In general, control behaviour is slightly different between WD12 & WB12 (you can see my post about treeview).
Thank you
Regards
Hello Friedman

I thought the CRM example used a table in its login screen when it displays the pictures but it is a list box not a table. There is a stock example of pictures in a table in the Training examples called "Tables and combos" There may also be some ideas in the Complete examples in the html photo album

Regards
Al
Jaime Fernandez
January 28, 2009 09:46AM
Hi Al,
I have saw the example: Tables & Combos. It's programmed in the same way as I do (only it's different that I link the table to a query and in example it's linked to a file, but I have changed the example to link to a query and it's displayed Ok too).
I have seen that in the description of the image column you have properties to modify the behaviour of displaying the image, in WB12 you haven't any property to do that, only ajax properties.

I thought that the solutions could be on automatic thumbnails(check available on item description for image subtype), but doesn't work, only with the wdmap I can see a little logo.

In my page I can see a red X inside a square(IE7) in the image column.

Thank you Al.

Jaime Fernandez
January 30, 2009 01:24PM
Hi,
Because it's impossible to display the linked image in the table column(or I can't do it) I'm trying to display yes or no in the column if there is an image, but when executing the query this error is displayed:

Unable to run the query. Internal error in WDHF DLL.
I've tried :
DECODE(LOGO,NULL,'NO','YES')
DECODE(ISNULL(LOGO,'NO'),'NO','NO','YES')

And also I have created a stored procedure:
NULLIMAGE(VALUE)
IF VALUE = Null then
RESULT "NO"
ELSE
RESULT "YES"
END

But I can't test it inside a query because when I add the stored procedure to the query the application WEBDEV crash.

Testing the procedure(f5) is ok, but I can't especify NULL value on test.

Any idea about to deal with null and image?

Regards
Jaime Fernandez
February 03, 2009 11:53AM
Re-ask:
What can I do to ask in a query if an image column is empty or not?
Table
Field: Logo. Sound,image binary field (sub type Image Binary memo)

Regards
Jaime Fernandez
February 04, 2009 12:18PM
I have found:
HinfoMemo

I can make a stored procedure that returns "No" if HInfoMemo(Table,logo)="".
But is a very bad solution, is there another solution?

Regards

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.