Advanced

Client / Server situation

Posted by ICI 
ICI
Client / Server situation
January 26, 2009 11:31AM
Regards to all !

I need your answer !
If I create application with H/F Classic and use HchangeDir() and HchangeLocation() for .FIC files in local or network.
Situation: More company's uses application and I create Dir's for company's and then HcreateIfNotFound() for .FIC files in directory of selected company.

1. Is possible , after I switch to Client/Server mode to normaly use Manta Manager and will Manta Server recognize and manage files in these directory's .

2. Do I need to create server for all these directory's or server will do this automaticaly.?

Thanks !

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/26/2009 11:32AM by ICI.
Arie
Re: Client / Server situation
January 26, 2009 12:05PM
Hi,
you can do this almost in the same manner with HFCS.

You just need one hfcs-server and one manta-manager. In fact there always just one manta-manager. It's is running (by default) on port 4999. But is only used for managing your hfcs-services. You can connect to it and let's say stop/start one or more hfcs-services.
The hfcs-service itself is running as another service, using port 4900 by default. Your application connect directly to this service (HOpenConnection()) to get to the datafiles. You could run more hfcs-services, on different ports, say 4900, 4901, etc.
I'm not sure why one would use it this way. Because each hfcs-service can hold one or more databases. Each represented by a sub-dir i.e: ...\hfserver\bdd\db1 , ...\hfserver\bdd\db2 , ...\hfserver\bdd\db3 and so on
This sub-dir is your database-name in HOpenConnection(), a company in your case.

Arie
ICI
January 26, 2009 06:22PM
Arie,
Thank you for your answer.
If I understand you are point to each separated database for every company.
In that way I need on every new Added company to create new fresh
database (Analyse) and into Manta manager Add this new database for watch.
Also I need default database for Company table (.FIC) file.
Also I need to manualy add into Manta Manager this new database

I ask If I can manage one Analysis with different directories for table files for Company's.

Example:
I have one Analysis
I have table Company with ID and other data for company
001 Company1
|->F001 (with some tables)
|->YEAR2008 (with tables and data for that year)
|->YEAR2009 (with tables and data for that year)
002 Company2
|->F002 (with some tables)
|->YEAR2008 (with tables and data for that year)
|->YEAR2009 (with tables and data for that year)

I create database into Manta manager with name example: Accounting
Will Manta manage tables into these directory's like I dynamicaly change path
and also newly added and created direcotry's (F003->YEAR2010,...)
Stefan Bentvelsen
January 26, 2009 07:50PM
Hi ICI,

in my opinion you ask the same question as in september 2008, see this link [forum.mysnip.de]
or do I understand your question not right ?

(sorry for my bad English)
Fabrice Harari
January 26, 2009 08:07PM
Hi ICI...

You can do in HFCS what you were doing in HF: use a different directory for each company... The ONLY important difference is that all directory must be subdirectories of the main one (bdd\xxxx) and therefore that the path you are giving to it wih hchangedir must be a RELATIVE directroy)... ALL this is explained in the help file

Best regards

Arie
January 26, 2009 08:16PM
I;m using different company's in my case, but I don;t have the need directories for different years. But according to the help you can do that.
By just using HChangeConnection() and HCreationIfNotFound() (or HCreate() looping through HListFiles()) everything is setup. Tables will be created then, on the machine which is running HFCS.
Can all be done from within your application on startup.

You can use HAlias() if you need to get data from more than one company/year at the same time.

Arie
ICI
January 27, 2009 09:36AM
Thank you for your answers. I'm very happy for this situation.
So, I'm recognize that in this moment when I still work with HF Classic Generation for Analysis recognize data into subdirectory's and offer also update these files.

Now, after your answers I see that also Manta Server also recognize
HchangeDir(), hChangeLocation(), and so on and uses normaly. This is great.
I can keep my "old way" for data.

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL !

Best wishes
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.