Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

demo versions

Posted by gary 
gary
demo versions
April 01, 2008 10:05AM
Could anyone advise regarding how to produce a demo version: how would I limit the number of records in a file , say to 10? or put a expiry date on it.
Has anyone experience of a program like Exeshield? I have looked at this but I think it requires that I issue separate passwords for each buyer. What I want to do is allow a program to be downloaded by my website members; I dont really want lots of work issuing separate passwords, just a means to tie them into the website for the duration of their membership ( so putting an expiry date on the software would be ideal). any suggestions for soemthing simple, I am not worried about the program being cracked etc as the software is useful for only a small group of people.
Al
Re: demo versions
April 01, 2008 10:35AM
G'day Gary

There are a number of discussions on using external wrap around code and/or dongles in the old forum.
There is an example of limiting access in the example components delivered with Windev.

Regards
Al
gary
Re: demo versions
April 01, 2008 01:40PM
Thanks Al, I'll look at the examples. Gary
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.