Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Webdev: someone experience with positioning by DIV tag?

Posted by Albert Buitenhuis 
Albert Buitenhuis
Webdev: someone experience with positioning by DIV tag?
January 16, 2009 10:30AM
Hello everybody,

Webdev => Project Description => Project => Option for generating html ==> button advanced. On the right side one finds the 'Positioning by DIV tag' option. And I wonder whether anybody has experience using this option.

Webdev puts everything in tables. Nowadays one should only data in tables, and nothing more than that. Using tables to get everything in position is rather... outdated. With the DIV tag option, Webdev's ought to enhance positioning using CSS. That's what pc-soft responded today. But there's no single example, no help on this topic... nothing.

Therefore: if anybody has some experience/ has an example: would be very nice!

==> Much is said about Webdev and CSS. Even the documentation op Webdev14 does not mention anything about really full-supporting CSS sheets, not to mention CSS4 or 5. Webdev has many other advantages, so my opinion on Webdev will not be influenced on this matter, but... pc-soft should really be clear about the (im)possibilities, rather than to mention 'WEBDEV peut faire appel... ...aux feuilles de style à la norme CSS'. Well. that's ... kind of CSS, but not full supporting CSS at all... leaving in the middle which version. On that behalf, even IE dus not fully support CSS5... but... they should be clear about it!
Jaime Fernandez
Re: Webdev: someone experience with positioning by DIV tag?
January 16, 2009 12:41PM
Hi Albert,
I don't knew about this option, very exciting one because, about tables, I think as you. I have try but the generated code is the same with or without the option checked (WB 12) sad smiley.
About CSS, I'm with you, but at this moment is not very inconvenient for me only, I have a problem with menus(IE displays wrong & Firefox OK ).
I think this development framework (WD) needs an important investment to enhance a lot of little things thats make the development less painful. I'm working in a development (Wcool smiley for 3 months and all I try needs a lot of hours to obtain a good result but I have to say that data management and ajax is very powerfull so I'm waiting to develop 10 times faster ;-) ...
Regards
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.