Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HFCS data files

Posted by DW 
DW
HFCS data files
January 13, 2009 09:28PM
Does the data files for client server need no be on the same machine as the Manta Server?

Dennis W
Fabrice Harari
Re: HFCS data files
January 13, 2009 09:55PM
Hi Dennis..

as far as I know, yes

Best regards
Jimbo
January 13, 2009 10:17PM
Hi, the data files have to be on the same computer where the Manta Manager is running. No datafiles outside the HF Server directories. Kind regards, Guenter
Piet van Zanten
January 14, 2009 01:23PM
Hi Dennis,

The data does not necessarily have to be on the same physical machine.
A network drive accessible from the Manta Server is a possible location.

Regards,
Piet
DW
January 15, 2009 07:11PM
Thank you all for your input.

Yes they have to be as far as what I tested.

When I tried to change the directory to a network drive and restart the server it would not start.

The only way I know to get the server to start again is to uninstall it and install again.

Dennis W.
M. Beaven
January 15, 2009 08:47PM
Hi Dennis-

How did you change the Directory? Did you specify the network drive when installing a new server or did you simply change the BDD path in the HFConf.ini file?

I have a server currently running where the BDD path is to a network drive rather than on the same computer with the Manta service. I believe I just specified the drive when doing the server install, then manually moved the files into the new BDD directory.

Regards,

-Marc

DW
January 16, 2009 03:37PM
Hello Marc,

I did a fresh install of the manta service on a test machine and then opened the HF Control Center under the configuration tab and change the file path there.

Dennis W
M. Beaven
January 16, 2009 04:01PM
Hi Dennis-

I believe you can define the location during the install- can you try to define your network drive there and see if that has a better result?

Regards,

-Marc
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.