Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Generate Main Menu From Database

Posted by Rahul Ayyappan 
Rahul Ayyappan
Generate Main Menu From Database
December 30, 2008 03:53PM
hi i'm working on an application which requires to generate the main menu dynamically on opening of the application depending on the user group he belongs to.

is it possible?can someone help me with generating it from sql server.
Jimbo
Re: Generate Main Menu From Database
December 30, 2008 05:34PM
Hi, in theory - yes. Practically - no. The best way is to have all menu options in the menu and to make the appropriate menu options invisible on application start. The real problem ist the fact that you will need some code behind each menu option for starting a window or executing a procedure. Regards, Guenter
aelfassi
December 31, 2008 12:28AM
HI,

There is a class called cMenu available for windev.

Cheers.
Mike Bernard
December 31, 2008 05:54AM
Hi Aelfassi;

Where can we found this class???

Cheers
rahul
December 31, 2008 06:38AM
Hi Aelfassi;

Hi even i'm not able to find the class...
Jimbo
December 31, 2008 10:01AM
Add on: in WinDev, there's something called 'Groupware'. You can find a fine example therein of how to disable controls / menu options based on the user / user group.
Aelfassi
December 31, 2008 11:56AM
Hi Rahul,

I have this Class and I'm using it with Mysql, it will be the same with MSSQL, send me an email to ab.elfassi AT Gmail dot com and I will provide you with this class.

Suggestion For Everybody Can somebody set up a storage area (FTP or other mean) to store these kind of classes and tips.

Aelfassi,
Jimbo
December 31, 2008 01:40PM
Hi Aelfassi,

you can use the WinDev Solutions Forum at [forum.mysnip.de] for publishing a solution and you can store any files in / projects in [www.file-upload.net] for a max of 100 Mbytes per file.

Kind regards,
Guenter
Aelfassi
January 01, 2009 10:52PM
Hi

This link contains a whole windev 7 Project it can upgraded easily to the recent versions.
[www.file-upload.net].

I took this file from a french web site www.wdforge.org and I adapted it to Mysql.

Good Luck.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.