Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Line Move Between Control Tables

Posted by Marco Rego 
Marco Rego
Line Move Between Control Tables
December 26, 2008 07:22PM
In a window I have 2 control tables, one of them a browse table (linked to a query) and the other a memory table.

I need to move lines from one table to the other. In the move, the line needs to be removed from the source table and inserted into the destination table and vice-versa.

From what I understood from the manual and help system of WinDev, when I do a TableDelete in a browse table it also deletes the line in the file, but I do not want this last effect, just want the moves to happen at the GUI level.

Any suggestion on how should I do this ?
Thanks.

______
Marco
Merijn van der Wijk
Re: Line Move Between Control Tables
December 26, 2008 09:04PM
Marco,

Use e.g. a boolean field and filter as true in table 1 and filter as false in table 2.
To move a line, simply change the value of this boolean field.

HTH
Merijn
DW
Re: Line Move Between Control Tables
December 26, 2008 09:15PM
Marco,

I would test this but I do not think it will remove it form the file just the Query depending on how you fill the table.

HExecuteQuery(QRY_ST_Table,hQueryDefault)
TableDisplay(Table,taCurrentSelection)

I use this method and I know it only removes it from the query.

If you use hModifyFile instead of hQueryDefault it might have a different out come.
I never tried that method.

Dennis

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.