Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dallas Keys...

Posted by DarrenF 
DarrenF
Dallas Keys...
December 19, 2008 03:35PM
Hi guys,

Anyone got any experience of using Dallas Keys in an epos environment?
Jimbo
Re: Dallas Keys...
December 19, 2008 05:27PM
Yes.
DarrenF
December 19, 2008 05:35PM
Have you used them via an all in one touch screen terminal set-up or via a separate key reader?

Are there any good case study or implementation guides on the net?

Cheers...
Jimbo
December 19, 2008 05:51PM
Hi Darren, yes, I believe I have a small WinDev test project for Dallas-keys. In general, the Dallas-key-reader is a serial device, whether it is mounted to a Touch-PC case or as a separate reader glued to case. Each Dallas-key spits out its unique serial number when clicked onto the reader. Now, let me search for the test project ...

Kind regards,
Guenter

P.S. While I'm searching, you can have a look at our POS software at
[www.touchextra.info]
Jimbo
December 19, 2008 06:04PM
Ooops, all three test-projects are (very old) projects for a Dallas key reader connected to the PS/2 keyboard. Data comes in like typed by keyboard .. for that type you just need an edit control and focus to it before reading. That the full test-project. Now I'll look into our project and cut the code for the Dallas reader on a serial connector .. Regards, Guenter
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.