Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WebDev - External CSS file integration

Posted by ocakici 
ocakici
WebDev - External CSS file integration
December 16, 2008 06:51PM
Hi all,

I have imported our existing CSS definitions into WebDev. Well, it turns out, WebDev does not support or ignores quite some properties defined in the external file.
Also it changes all the style names when imported in, which makes the external file useless -if i wanted to define the external file as FreeCSS in project definition and overwride everything in WebDev styles with the external file.

Then when designing your pages/controls, you have to select a style name from the WebDev styles to be able to assign it to a CSS class.

So far what I can think of is to create each and every style I have in the external file as namespaces in WebDev, and let the external file override all settings in runtime.

Is there any conveinent way of making use of all predefined styles without going thru this trouble?

Why is this such a pain just to be able to use a good old standard CSS file in WebDev?

Thanks,

Oguz
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.