Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD-12 Find / Replace, how to use it ?

Posted by Andres Sanchez 
Andres Sanchez
WD-12 Find / Replace, how to use it ?
December 10, 2008 04:39AM
Hi:

It seems dumb, but I cannot get this to work as i need.

I want to select a piece of code, and do a Find, Replace but just inside the selected code.
Is that possible ?

Or to start from certain line of code, it seems it always start from the beginning, instead of doing it from the cursor position.

In the Find / Replace Pane exists an icon "Replace Selected Active Code", this is really dumb, it replaces all the selected code with the contents of the Replace text. If i would like to do this I don't have to go to Find / Replace, I just select the code and start typing.

am i missing something?

Thanks

Andres Sanchez
Toddy Utomo
Re: WD-12 Find / Replace, how to use it ?
December 10, 2008 05:55AM
Hi Andres

At Code Editor -> Find/ Replace -> select "Displayed Code" in the combo box
use Replace Next Button ...

there are option in: combo box
Displayed Code
Window Code
Code of Entire Project
Window
Entire Project
Advance...

HTH
Toddy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2008 05:58AM by Toddy Utomo.
Andres Sanchez
Re: WD-12 Find / Replace, how to use it ? - SOLVED
December 10, 2008 10:43PM
Toddy:

Thanks, I changed to displayed code, and luckily i had the first occurrence of the string to change selected, and that is the trick, you have to select the first occurrence in order to start from there if not it starts from the beginning.

Thanks

Andres Sanchez
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.