Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Windev FTP Server

Posted by Michael Drechsel 
Michael Drechsel
Windev FTP Server
December 09, 2008 08:53AM
Hi,

I need a solution to upload files with progressbar to a server. In the WD12 Help exist a topic "Uploading files via Windev FTP or RPC ..."

I found the WD RPC Server in the wd12 program folder but where is the WD FTP server ????
Jimbo
Re: Windev FTP Server
December 09, 2008 09:07AM
Hi Michael, most web-servers have their ftp-server installed anyway. If it is a Windows-server and traffic is not an issue, just activate / use the built-in thing. For high performance / multiple simultaneous users, we're using the Gene6 FTP-server [www.g6ftpserver.com] Last time we checked, we found that the Windows 2000 server does not support concurrent FTP-users(!) - only one user at a time! - and so we switched to Gene6. We did not test FTP-servers of Windows Server 2003 / 2008 anymore ..

Kind regards,
Guenter
Michael Drechsel
December 09, 2008 09:12AM
Hi Guenther,

sorry, you don´t understand me.

netsendfile - Transmits a file to an FTP server (File Transfer Protocol) created by WinDev.

What means "created by Windev" ????? Must I create this or is there a solution like the Windev RPC Server ?

Jimbo
December 09, 2008 10:27AM
Hi Michael, NetStartServer() ?
Regards, Guenter
Michael Drechsel
December 09, 2008 10:37AM
Hi Guenther,

you think I must create a exe file with this one command and this is now my WD FTP Server ?

I can´t believe that ...
Michael Drechsel
December 09, 2008 10:51AM
Hi Guenther,

you are the greatest .... it works !

Thx
Jimbo
December 09, 2008 10:57AM
Hi Michael, be careful though! You can transfer only a single file to the WinDev FTP server at a time! All others have to wait for their turn. Which forces you to implement a wait-loop or warning, depending on the type of sender (human beings or computer).
Kind regards, Guenter
Michael Drechsel
December 09, 2008 11:01AM
mhh ... thats bad.

I need a combination of database and file upload. HLinkmemo with a progressbar is that what I need, but PC Soft said, no chance. Any other ideas ??
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.