Advanced

Webdev-12 Opacity of cells

Posted by Shahine 
Shahine
Webdev-12 Opacity of cells
December 04, 2008 05:31PM
Hi,

I have a problem with the opacity parameter of cells
I am setting the opacity of a cell to 50% and using it as DDW to cover the background

During development it works perfectly. I deploy it on a server with Apache and on the server it works perfectly.

However if I try to connect from a client workstation to the server the opacity value is ignored and the cell appears solid?

I have tried setting the opacity of the cell in Webdev and also by calling the following Javascript eval(cell name and alias).style.filter = "alpha(opacity=60)"

Has anyone else had this problem?

Many Thanks
Shahine
KenKnight
Re: Webdev-12 Opacity of cells
December 05, 2008 07:04PM
Hi Shahine,

My first thought would be an older browser (ie6) might present problems with this effect.

Cheers!
Ken
Shahine
December 07, 2008 09:21AM
Hi Ken,

Thanks for the response.
I am using IE7. IE7 running on the server (WebDeb-12 and Apache server) works perfectly.
If I use IE7 from a workstation to connect to the server then the opacity setting is ignored.

I cannot be 100% but I think my last application which was in WebDev-11 did not have this problem.

Many Thanks

Shahine
KenKnight
December 10, 2008 01:17PM
Hi Shahine,

I saw a machine yesterday that was not displaying png files with transparency properly with IE7. My guess is something in IE is screwed up or needs to have an update applied to it. I would further guess this is related to what you're seeing with cell opacity. I'll test further today.

Cheers!
Ken
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.