Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

split project and use one analyse

Posted by Teun van Unen 
Teun van Unen
split project and use one analyse
March 26, 2008 09:29AM
Hello,

My first posting on this nice :spos: new forum. For me it's not necessary to make changes in the layout , but also I don't disalike that.

I have created one project (still for converting my Magic/Btrieve files to WinDev/HF) which read the text-files of the exported Btrieve files, imported them in an 1 to 1 HF file and then creates the HF files.
Now I want to split this project and make 1 project only for importing and 1 only to create the HF files, but I want to use 1 analyse.
My solution :
- create project B with the analyse redirect from project A
- copy the WinDev programs a.s.o. from A to B
- delete the copied programs from project A

I am curious to know if there is a faster solution.

TIA.

Regards,
Teun van Unen.
DerekT
Re: split project and use one analyse
March 26, 2008 11:27AM
Teun

I do not understand what it is that you require as it would appear that you already have the data in an HF file.

If project 1 is importing the (btrieve) text files into an HF file then what is project 2 actually going to do?

Are you talking about the need to remove the trailing spaces from the data that you get when expoting Magic data to text?

Regards

DerekT
Teun van Unen
March 26, 2008 12:38PM
Hello Derek,

Project 1 will import the alfa-text-files (exported by a Magic project) to (temporary) HF-files with the layout of the alfa-text-files
Project 2 will create form these temporary files the original HF-files

OK, you'll maybe say create the original file directly from the imported test-files, but it's my practical choice to do it this way.

Regards,
Teun.
Arie
March 26, 2008 12:49PM
Teun,
you can use different project configurations, inside your project. Each configuration is based on the one and only analysis, but can have it's own objects (windows, reports, query, etc.). Objects can reside in one or more configuration. Each configuration leads to its own executable (or dll). And each configuration can uses it's own installer-definition. And so on.
See the menu [Project]-[Project configurations]

Arie
Teun van Unen
March 26, 2008 01:57PM
Amazing, Arie, all these possibilities of WinDev. It makes WinDev more and more (one of ) the best tool(s) for developing applications.
Thanks for the 'pointer'.

Regards,
Teun.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.