Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Break Info in Page Header

Posted by Paul Ziegler 
Paul Ziegler
Break Info in Page Header
November 16, 2008 06:43PM
I would like to have the Break Info available in the Page Header. Is this possible? In my last design tool we could not do this either and it made for a lot of programming printing line by line.

I use the Page Header to display the Category name that I am printing (example School Name) and the column headers of my report. This will work on the first page of the report, but as soon as a break occurs (I have a page break at the break 1 level) the School Name in the Page Header is the last School name and not the new one that would print in the Break 1 Header area.

Anyway to do this without programmatically printing the report?

I realize I could just put the column names in the Page Header and then the Category name in the Break Header, but this put a line between the column headers and the Body block and does not look at good.

Thanks,
Paul
Paul Ziegler
Re: Break Info in Page Header
November 16, 2008 06:55PM
Also, I know I could put the Category name and the column headers in the Break Header, but the Break Header does not display on page 2.. unless the break category has changed. Hence, there is no column names.

Thanks,

Paul
Louis Verbraak
November 17, 2008 08:54AM
Hello Paul,

Just create an iterationblock. You can print this block in the pageheader as well in the breakheader by using iPrintBlock(myIterationblock).

HTH.
Piet van Zanten
November 17, 2008 09:34AM
Hi Paul,

This is on my wishlist too. It would be enough to have all file and/or query items point to the current record while printing the header. Or a even better: a checkbox "print break header after page header between breaks."

From Windev 5 I'm still using hSubstBlock.
In the pre-Print of Break Header:
iSubstBlock(BLOCK_TOP,BLOCK_SBRK1)
In the Post_Print of Break Footer:
iSubstBlock(BLOCK_TOP,BLOCK_TOP)

Best regards,
Piet
Paul Ziegler
November 17, 2008 05:31PM
Just create an iterationblock. You can print this block in the pageheader as well in the breakheader by using iPrintBlock(myIterationblock).

HTH.

Louis,

Thanks for the reply. I created an Interation Block. Where do I put the iPrintBlock command. I put it in the Pre-Print of the Page Header and it froze.

Paul
Paul Ziegler
November 17, 2008 05:43PM
Louis,

I re read the Help and see that the iPrintBlock can not be in the Pre-print of the page header block. I put it in the post-print of the page header block, but the record pointer has not moved to the new record yet.

Thanks,
Paul
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.