Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Deployment in webdev 12 different from 11

Posted by PETER ZHOU 
PETER ZHOU
Deployment in webdev 12 different from 11
November 15, 2008 10:49AM
Hi,

Under webdev 11 (4th option) for deployment, it will just create an zip file for me to upload to my client site.

But under webdev 12, none of the option allows me to create the zip file, all of them requires some setup program to go along with it and it's giving some error pointing to some drive D: looking for the deploy program...

I just want to create the zip file and do a manual deployment. Did anyone deploy successfully with webdev 12? Can tell me how to do it?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Glenn Rathke
Re: Deployment in webdev 12 different from 11
November 15, 2008 03:36PM
Him

I've successfully deployed using options 1 and 3.

Glenn
PETER ZHOU
Re: Deployment in webdev 12 different from 11
November 15, 2008 03:55PM
Glenn Rathke
Him

I've successfully deployed using options 1 and 3.

Glenn

Hi Glenn,

Let's take for example the webmillion_lite, choose the option 3 and these files are created under the install folder
1) INSTALL folder - contain webmilltion_lite.zip, but inside it contain only "_MODAUTO.zip" which only contain the "webmillion_lite.wdd" & "_modauti.ini"
2) INSTALL.exe - windev installation program
3) INSTALL.zip - contain the WBSETUP & runtime library

I don't find any *.wdl, *.sql etc ( the usual deployment files). During the setup process, i answered to include these files. Which step i did wrong?

Regards,

PETER ZHOU

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.