Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WEBDEV 12 not stable ?

Posted by PETER ZHOU 
PETER ZHOU
WEBDEV 12 not stable ?
November 13, 2008 02:38PM
Hi,

Anyone experience some unstable things in webdev 12 on XP PROF patch 2?

for example..whenever i exit webdev 12, it will crashed and give "Webdev12.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close...."

Sometime it will just crashed when i'm coding...

Sometime the editor doesn't recognise whether i have enable/disable the INSERT key so it would either OVERWRITE or INSERT my typing

I have been trying it on 2 different computers and same behaviour.

Regards,

PETER ZHOU
Jimbo
Re: WEBDEV 12 not stable ?
November 13, 2008 02:58PM
Hi Peter,

most times I've seen conflicts of other applications with Wx-products which made them crash.

Example: I had an early version of VMWare Workstation 6.0.? Whenever I started VMWare after opening WinDev 12 it crashed WinDev with everything in it. I learnt to close WinDev before starting VMWare. This has been fixed by VMWare - with version 6.5 it doesn't crash other applications anymore.

So, I'd recommend to look first at the other applications running. Next, crashing of applications is often due to hardware or drivers. I had a USB-driver for a diapositive-scanner which looked innocent enough. Later on it produced random blue-screens without any connected scanner.

Kind regards,
Guenter
PETER ZHOU
Re: WEBDEV 12 not stable ?
November 13, 2008 08:00PM
Jimbo
Hi Peter,

most times I've seen conflicts of other applications with Wx-products which made them crash.

Example: I had an early version of VMWare Workstation 6.0.? Whenever I started VMWare after opening WinDev 12 it crashed WinDev with everything in it. I learnt to close WinDev before starting VMWare. This has been fixed by VMWare - with version 6.5 it doesn't crash other applications anymore.

So, I'd recommend to look first at the other applications running. Next, crashing of applications is often due to hardware or drivers. I had a USB-driver for a diapositive-scanner which looked innocent enough. Later on it produced random blue-screens without any connected scanner.

Kind regards,
Guenter

Funny !
I uninstall & reinstall WEBDEV 12 ( including the latest update ) and now it seems no crashed anymore.

Don't know what's happening...But at least it works well.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.