Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HFSQL WD27-Slow

Posted by cabinetman 
HFSQL WD27-Slow
March 30, 2023 02:26AM
Hello All,

I have been using HFSQL since version 10 with no issues. Went form HFSQL 23 to 27 about 4 months ago. In the last month I am have very poor performance. It is hosted on a local network with a 12yr old Windows server 2012. The only thing it is used for is the HFSQL. the IT department says they can not find any hardware issues or network issue and claim it is the DB.

Anyone noticed slow downs since upgrading to HFSQL 27?

Dennis W
Argus
Re: HFSQL WD27-Slow
April 06, 2023 10:49PM
nope.... it's NOT slower...

If only SOME of the HF read/write is slower, then it's probably an index or size problem (as in some query missing indexes getting slower with the increase size of the db)
If everything has got slower, it's the server. But it doesn't have necessary to be hardware or network... It's very often a SOFTWRE issue.

By example :
- they installed MSSQL on the same server for another piece of software and it is using all the ressources.
- they change the A/V and didn't exclude HFSQL from it's security
- the hard drive is getting full
etc...
Re: HFSQL WD27-Slow
April 12, 2023 11:46PM
Hello Argus,

The issue was the hardware. I had them set it up on a test server and there was a huge difference.

Thank you for your time.

Dennis
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.