Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[WD27] - Delete item/field not found

Posted by JP 
JP
[WD27] - Delete item/field not found
April 08, 2023 10:26AM
Hi All

I deleted an item/field in a data file via the analysis. Saving the analysis WD asks if I want to resync with the project. Answered yes. When I run my program in test or runtime mode the app tries to open the file using HOPEN() and an error occurs saying the deleted item cannot be found:

Error message: "The description of <Update_Dates> stored in the analysis is not compatible with the one etc. .... The <LAST_ZRX> of <Update_Dates> file described in the analysis does not exist in the file."

In the start of the app I issues the following command to force all database changes to be applied:

HModifyStructure( "*" , hmsNormal ) // This returns a 1/True = success, no errors

The database is modified correctly - I verify that with WDMAP.

So the database is modified correctly but the app errors on HOPEN() when trying to open the file.

I have several times run the "Recompile and sync the project with analysis".

Why is the app still looking for an item/field that has been deleted? Any ideas what the problem is?

If I restore the item HOPEN() works again.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2023 10:32AM by JP.
Re: [WD27] - Delete item/field not found
April 08, 2023 10:49AM
do a generate on the analyse.
JP
April 08, 2023 11:15AM
Alard,

I just tried that, several times, no luck. I even deleted another item I dont need, and now it says that item cannot be found when issuing the HOPEN().

Any other ideas?
April 08, 2023 11:43AM
Make your life easier, turn off the HOpen() command
I had similar problems with that command
I've been using the HModifyStructure( ) option for a long time, it works perfectly on the HFSQL C/S base

[infosonline.net]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2023 11:57AM by infos.
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.