Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WD27: Ploing! and Good Bye!

Posted by gpredl 
WD27: Ploing! and Good Bye!
September 05, 2022 08:25AM
Hi,

just to tell you. Until yesterday evening I used WD27 working on a big project. Today's morning things look bad. Whenever I'm starting this project it starts and then after 10 or 15 seconds it gives a "ploing!" and disappears. No WD27, no project. Without any chance to interfere.

Since this happens once or twice a year it's nothing new to me. The strategy is to move the project to another disk drive and start a new project with the same name then import all of the analysis, the windows, the reports and other files. Takes its time but works.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Al
Re: WD27: Ploing! and Good Bye!
September 05, 2022 08:32AM
Hello Guenter

I know where your project is but not sure if you want to go there.
"Ploing" is French for plunging and plunging is a method for cleaning a blocked toilet so.....

Regards
Al
September 05, 2022 09:16AM
Hi Al, no, I'm not going there ... for me, it's too early in the morning to take a cold bath!

First step is to create an empty project with the same name as the defective one

Second step is to delete the directory MyProjectName.ana of the new project and copy the MyProject.ana of the defective project into it.

Third, I'll import all of the windows, reports and global procedures from the defective project

Fourth, I started an old backup copy of the project and copy & pasted the project code which has to be amended with newer code.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
September 05, 2022 10:05AM
Hi Guenter,
Scary - why don't you you zip and send the whole directory to PCSoft?

Regards
Steven Sitas
September 05, 2022 10:55AM
Hi Steve,

they always ask me to send small projects. This one is without any backups and zipped about 700 Mbytes. Can't use this server right now anyway. Would have to wait two days max for an answer from PCS while I'm up & running already.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
January 09, 2023 04:09PM
Hi. When something like this happens to me, the solution is very simple. Simply delete the <project>.cpl folder and the <project>.env file.

With that you remove the current state of the IDE like open windows or similar.

Rubén
January 09, 2023 04:45PM
After each change in the project, I copy the entire project, all files and folders to another location
I hope this saves a situation with similar outcomes as yours

[infosonline.net]
January 10, 2023 07:31AM
Hi Rubén,

of course, I tried to delete the cpl folder - it did not help.
Since I know what to do, it takes an hour or so to be up and running again.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
January 10, 2023 07:35AM
Hi infos,

for me, this procedure would take too long. I just do a copy of the project code if changes had been made there. The project code is the only part of the project which is lost - because I simply do not know where to find it in the broken project folder.

Kind regards,
Guenter Predl
office@windev.at
Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.